Pastor Mike Snyder brings Chapel Hill UMC an announcement about reopening for Sunday Services.
Dear Chapel Hill:
As you probably know, the Governor is allowing churches to have in-person worship services starting on May 24th. The Bishop has agreed to let us meet as well.
The Chapel Hill Administrative Council has reviewed the guidelines issued by both the Governor and the Bishop and we have decided to RE-OPEN CHURCH SERVICES ON THE FIRST SUNDAY in JUNE – JUNE 7th. We have also formed a Task Force to work through all the details for the transition. The following is a set of guidelines that will help to keep us safe as we transition back to regular worship services.
We will have three services as usual – 8 a.m.- 9:30 a.m and 11 a.m. The church doors will be opened 15 minutes before each service.
Due to limited seating capacity you must call and make a reservation for the service. People without reservations will not be able to attend the service.
To make your reservation:
· Call Carol Odom 270-869-4468
· Give her your name and phone number
· Tell her how many people from your household will attend
· Tell her which service you plan to attend.
· Carol will assign you a number for your seat. You will need to remember this number for when you attend the service.
· If you later must cancel, please let Carol know.
We will be streaming the 9:30 a.m. service on the church website. (chchurch.org)
If you have been sick in the previous 48 hours please do not attend.
Seniors and those with conditions that compromise your system, are encouraged to stay home and stay safe.
Families with children under the age of 3 are encouraged to stay home and stay safe.
On arriving at the church – please stay in your vehicle until the church doors open 15 minutes prior to each service.
· The only entrances that will be used are the two facing US 60. (The Static Hall entrance will remain locked)
· Practice social distancing of six feet in the parking lot and upon entering.
· There will be signage to assist you.
· All attendees are required to wear a face mask.
· Someone will be at the doors to give you directions and provide hand sanitizer
· Ushers will assist you in finding your assigned seats
The worship service will be different:
· There will be no greeting time in the service.
· The collection plates will not be passed.
· There will be a basket/container in the narthex in which you may place your contribution.
· There will be no food, snacks or drinks.
· The Fellowship hall, the administrative wing and the children’s wing will be closed off.
· There will be no childcare, children or youth activities.
Restrooms in the children’s wing are to be used.
· Only one person at a time (unless accompanying a child) in the restroom.
· Be sure to wash your hands after use. Sanitization will take place after each use.
When the service is over…
· The congregation will be dismissed one row at a time
· Please do not linger. We ask that you go directly to your vehicle
· Time has to be allowed for cleaning of the sanctuary after its use.
Thank you for your patience and compliance with these guidelines. Our motivation is your safety. We love you and look forward to the day when we will once again fellowship without limitations.
God’s blessings upon you.
8:00AM Contemporary Service in the Fellowship Hall
9:30AM Contemporary Service in the Sanctuary
11:00AM Blended Traditional & Contemporary Service in the Sanctuary
From infants to High School we have a safe and nurturing environment where your child or student can build strong friendships and learn to live for something greater than themselves.